- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
December 29, 2014 at 5:02 pm #4671Anonymous
Blair, Rick, Dave
We started the evening repping our TD’s. After burning good reps we moved on to repping Royal Guard 1-6. Blair and Rick still need to learn RG 7 but we decided to save that for another evening.
Royal Guards 1-4 are already on this forum in Karl Fong’s post here.
In my opinion, the old SFS blocking series will help people who struggle with RG5. (Pull, fan, high, low, inside, outside, lunge).
Royal Guard 5
1. RH Cut/hit up (pulling block)
2. RH cut/hit down (smashing block)
3. RH pulling block to cover and knee post
4. Throw receivers hand down with simultaneous right whip kick to groin
5. Wind shield wipe to left hip – oblique kick
6. Right clear (knife tap) – left clear (pulling from right to left) – right elbow break
7. Forearm sheer to neck – head turn – groin kick – round kick to knee
8. Post head on right hip – trap foot – kidney drums
9. Forearm head rise “bolo punch” – carotid strike
10. Knee – Downward Elbow
11. Head turn – oblique kick the knee out
12. Standing arm bar – heel kick face
1. R jabs with RH. F hits the punch up with a pulling block (or cuts the arm up with karambit).
2. R crosses with LH. F smashes down (forearm strike) the punch from the previous blocking position.
3. R jabs with RH. F uses pulling block to take punch off line then catch. With karambit the blade would drag the punch. F’s Right foot raises to post on F’s left leg for a kick counter knee post.
4. F throws the R’s hand down while whip kicking R’s groin with right foot (from previous knee post position).
5. R throws left cross (or slight hook). F counters with double hand windshield wipe: the left hand catching and dragging and the right hand sweeping palm down across eyes (or neck with karambit). The left hand initiates the pull of the punch down to left hip and the right hand assists after delivering strike. Once posted on the hip, feeder throws LH oblique kick to R’s knee.
6. R throws right jab or slight hook. F cross hand parries it. R throws LH cross. F’s LH and pulls it right to left off line as RH circles to break the arm and roll into arm bar. With karambit, you would cut the triceps and fillet up to the neck.
7. RH taps over top of feeders LH arm as forearm strike to the neck with LH to initiate head and arm turn. F whip kicks the groin then round kicks to R’s lead knee.
8. The head turn continues, passing head to post on F’s right hip. F steps in with left foot to trap R’s right foot. Kidney drums with arm control switches.
9. Bolo punch with RH to raise R’s head in forearm. When head up, the RH rolls over to other side of neck for neck clench. F delivers carotid punch with LH.
10. Knee followed by a downward left elbow. Clavicle line perhaps?
11. F drives the head turn back down, but interrupts it with oblique kick to knee, dropping R to ground.
12. F swings leg over R to put in a standing arm bar, followed by a heel kick to the face.
Royal Guard 6
1. Uppercut/jab (R) – High Block (R) – Throat Shot(L) – Hammerfist (R)
2. Cross step – uppercut/jab (r) -highblock – throat shot – hammerfist
3. Unwind feet – groin shot – behind head shot
4. step – right elbow high, left cover low – right elbow low, left cover high
5. Left elbow high, right cover low – left elbow low, right cover high
6. Double eye shot
7. Double kidney shot – groin heel kick
8. Scorpion kick kidney
9. ankle pull (Achilles cut)
10. spinning mule kick
11. lock behind foot (R) – knee kick/break (l)
12. Knee compress as climb up
Slightly more Verbose:
1. R throws RH jab. F catches and responds with uppercut jab (a la guard 5/7). R throws LH cross. F high blocks with RH, throat jabs/clears with LH, then rolls RH into hammerfist.
2. Feeder cross steps in driving R back. Repeat all of step 1.
3. F unwinds feet while delivering RH groin shot and continues the motion to behind the head strike.
4. F steps out with right so bodies are in alignment. Right elbow high, left hand covers low. Then drop line, switching arms for a RH elbow low while the LH covers high.
5. Raise line for a LH high elbow and a RH low cover, then drop line for a LH low elbow with a RH high cover.
6. Raise up for double eye strikes behind F.
7. Both arms strike back low for double kidney strike.
8. RH traps R’s RH arm while delivering scorpion kick to R’s RH kidney. After kick foot plants to left of R’s RH foot.
9. Bend down and grab ankle for knee hyper extension (or cutting the sock off with karambits – the double Achilles cut).
10. Mule kick or spinning wheel kick as you fall forward (as if R shoved you forward).
11. R foot traps behind R’s advancing leg as L foot delivers kick to knee for the break.
12. Knee compress as climbing the R’s body.
Hope you all could follow along,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.