- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
December 21, 2014 at 7:18 pm #4530Anonymous
Blair, Rick, Scott, Dave, Kyle (new)
Our friend Kyle started training with us today. Blair took him off to the side and started teaching him the RH template.
The rest of us started working on the silak set as taught by Tuhon Pat on the TD 1 dvd, obviously using TD 1 as the framework. This is the first time we worked on these. We only had time to do the first 7 tonight. At some point, Blair and I switched. I reviewed the RH 3of9 template with Kyle and started him on the drill. Once his flow was smooth, we ran cut/no cut so he could get isolations and reps.
All the usual abbreviations:
F – Feeder
R – receiver
RH – right hand
LH – left hand
1. R clears F’s attack as normal but then C-hands the punyo with LH. RH shoots down into cubital fossa, pressing down and pulling slightly in for takedown with follow-up thrusts on the ground.
2. R clears F’s attack as normal, LH grabs R’s knife hand on top, RH grabs with C-hand from underneath. Leverage applied from R RH elbow (laying along F’s arm) brings the knife to heart level. Takedown by turning left, and follow up with thrusts.
3. Buy a moment in time stopping knife with RH, then break F’s grip by swinging left hand down past F’s arm. LH continues to circle around over shoulder, grabbing F’s hand and using receiver grip to feed cut to feeders left carotid.
4. Roll through F’s bridge, RH chopping into wrist, LH smashes back of hand as you turn your body square to F to projectile blade to face. If feeder checks or blade does not dislodge, then Mr. Magoo the knife to the F’s neck and rip out.
5. R pushes off F’s knife hand with LH and then LH percussion hits up then catches for a RH percussion hit to back of hand.
6. R pushes off F’s knife hand with LH and then percussion hits up with LH. RH rolls elbow up out of bicep check for gunting to wrist, followed by a RH percussion hit as exiting out to R’s left.
7. Break grip, same manner as #3. RH, stops knife and holds in receiver grip manner. As R’s LH circles around it slaps the back of the neck/head and latches on. Dropping to a knee, or otherwise lowering your center of gravity, pulling F’s head down to knife for ocular thrust.
8. Lock up F’s attack as usual. R’s LH presses flat of blade making space for RH’s ridge to slide behind punyo. LH grabs behind head and spins through for a two handed camcorder grip on the other side. Continue to spin to take down and follow up with thrusts on the ground.
9. Waterfall out while catching knife hand with RH. LH grabs on top, RH on bottom. Step back with left turning F’s hand over while rotating to the left. As feeder falls, cut him out and follow up on the ground.
10-A. Break the bridge, and lock up with a modified hoagie grip. Concave your body to allow space for the knife as you push it through between your bodies. Lock up wrist by pushing up with LH and the RH forces the bend at the joint as you thrust kidney or armpit.
10-B. If F attempts the blue worm, pass through with LH and catch with RH on the other side. LH arm breaks F’s arm up at the elbow and RH, holding the knife hand in a reverse grip drives it back to F’s kidney.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.