In the last lesson, we showed how the Feeder can clear a basic Cross-Body parry and continue to the desired target. Again, the Feeder needs to maintain a focus on their intent to hit a Vital Target.
In this last video of the series, we are going to show how the Receiver can counter the Feeder’s clearing hand and move the blade away from the intended target. This will bring us full-circle to a sequence of Feeder/Receiver exchanges that run through the entire 3-count Template.
- Feeder goes for Target #1
- Receiver tracks that attack with a cross-body tap
- Feeder clears the cross-body tap and continues to desired target
- Receiver counters the clearing hand and continues with their cross-body tap
- This sets up the movement for the Feeder to go for Target #2
Repeat the above cycle for all 3 Targets – You have now performed one repetition of the first three counts of Transition Drill 1.
After watching the videos below, your training assignment is to work this Transition Drill as follows:
- Work through each Target sequence in isolation
- Work through the above sequence for all 3 Targets in a row: 1, 2, 3. Then reset and start over
- Work through the above sequence for all 3 Targets in a row: 1, 2, 3. Then immediately go back to Target 1 and repeat without stopping. You can just keep repping this over and over, nonstop
Tying it together – a mini flow drill