In this first video in the Fundamentals series, we are going to look at the first three counts of Sayoc “Transition Drill 1.” Transition Drill One is a Sayoc standard teaching tool designed to “transition” a new student from another martial art, or no experience at all, into the Sayoc blade methodology.
As mentioned in the previous lesson, Sayoc Vital Templates are not a series of random targets. They are the distillation of “correct responses,” based on years of experience earned by Sayoc Kali master-rank Tuhons as well as Full Instructors. Templates are used to streamline the learning process.
Want to go deeper? Purchase the full Sayoc Transition Drill 1 DVD here ->
The first three counts of the Sayoc Transition Drill 1 template:
- Palm-Up Slash – Internal Jugular
- Palm-Down Slash – External Jugular
- Palm-Down Slash – Abdominal Aorta
After watching the video, your training assignment is to practice the template with or without a training partner as follows:
- In progression: 1, 2, 3
- Backwards: 3, 2, 1
- From the draw (drawing your blade, then hitting each target)
- From outside reactionary gap (1.5 – 2 steps away) then close in to hit the target(s)
NEXT: Basic Cross-Body Parry –>
<– BACK: Sayoc Vital Templates