This 9-Part Sayoc Fundamentals Series is designed to provide you with an snapshot of what our beginner curriculum looks like. In this free course, you will be walked through a short history and background of Sayoc Kali, some core Sayoc concepts that help define how and why we train, and then a video instructional course that will get you started on your path to training Sayoc Kali.
The video course is first three counts of Sayoc Transition Drill 1. You can see the entire drill by purchasing the Transition Drill 1 DVD.
The goal of this course is introduce you to some basic Sayoc training and inspire you to seek out an official Sayoc School or Training Group and begin your Sayoc training in person!
9-Part Sayoc Fundamentals Series
- Sayoc History and Background
- Why “All Blade All the Time?”
- Sayoc Blade Protocols and Safety
- Feeder and Receiver Concepts
- Sayoc Vital Templates
- Video: 3-Count Vital Template
- Video: Basic Cross-Body Parry
- Video: Feeder Clears
- Video: Receiver Counters to Clears
- Next Steps